Friday, April 24, 2009

"OnLive" motherf%ck/r$

I always told my friends, consoles would disappear everything will be done through streamed services

You know what... I was right.
"OMG BUT NO IT's going to lag" NOT
Well this is my theory.
Imagine a computer 1000 times faster than your gaming computer, your computer may take 33.33 miliSeconds rendering a frame (30FPS).
This server takes your controller's data, to the server,and returns the graphics to your computer in probably the same amount of time that it will take rendering the graphics because the server renders the graphics fast enough to make up for the lost time.

If the server renders everything we will get:
better graphics, better physics, better co-op.
Imagine a multiplayer in this thing, all physics done directly IN THE SERVER.

Wouldn't it be awesome that they end up making a premium account service that allowed you to play any game any time?

One last thing, you won't need to update your computers graphic card everytime a game comes out, but you will need a 1MB/s internet connection to display this in HD,
too bad I live in Ecuador the fastest I can get is a 1MB connection for 70 dollars.

UPDATE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnLive
for those who don't know what onlive is.

UPDATE2:
It's also coming to mac, mac will have all the games that onLive will offer, games like bioshock.

PS. I know not posting till monday, I had to post about onlive, it's just plain awesome, I might upload most of my designs of "leap a loop" as soon as magnetiZR ends.
-ia HAPPY :D
 
©2009 INSANE ANGEL STUDIO